Safeguarding Policy Statement –Promoting a Safer Church, House of Bishops, 2019
The Church of England safeguarding policy statement is based on five foundations and offers six overarching policy commitments:
• Promoting a safer environment and culture
• Safely recruiting and supporting all those with any responsibility related to children, young people and vulnerable adults within the Church
• Responding promptly to every safeguarding concern or allegation
• Caring pastorally for victims/survivors of abuse and other affected persons
• Caring pastorally for those who are the subject of concerns or allegations of abuse and other affected persons
• Responding to those that may pose a present risk to others.
This policy was adopted by all churches with in the Benefice of Upper Wensleydale in April 2019. The full Policy Document can be downloaded here safeguarding or found on the Church of England Website.
The Safeguarding Officer appointed for St Margaret’s Church Hawes and St Mary and St John’s Church Hardraw is:
Jennifer Fawcett Tel: 01969 667241
The Safeguarding Officer appointed for St Oswald’s Church Askrigg and St Matthew’s Church Stalling Busk is:
Elizabeth Fawcett Tel: 01969 650671